- Put the butter in a saucepan on low heat until it melts, together with the chili pepper cut into small rings. Roast the saffron for a few seconds in the oven and add the Cadí butter PDO. When it has completely melted, turn off the heat and keep warm.
- Open the clams by blanching them in boiling salted water for ten seconds, cool them quickly and open with care. Put to one side in a covered container. Make a bain-marie and put the egg yolks in a bowl with a pinch of salt, the lemon juice and the cava.
- Blend until the yolks are frothy. Remove the yolks from the bain-marie. Remove the layer of white foam on top of the butter, taking care not to remove the saffron. Continue beating the yolks and add the butter as if it was a warm mayonnaise. If it is too thick, you can add a little warm water.
- To serve, place the clams on an earthenware dish or platter, with the sauce on top. Decorate with chervil leaves.
Recipe by Pep Nogué
(Serves 4 people)
- 40 clams
- 2 g saffron
- 50 ml cava (Catalan champagne)
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 chili pepper
- 500 g CADÍ butter PDO Mantega de l’Alt Urgell i la Cerdanya
- half a lemon (the juice)
- chervil leaves