For sandwiches: cold or hot
- Hot sandwiches: don’t just use it with cooked ham; you can use it with spicy sausage, wild mushrooms, cured ham, pesto sauce, mustard, etc.
For savoury pastries:
- Take some rolled-out puff pastry, Mexican tortilla or pita bread. Add a slice of cheese and another ingredient (spicy sausage, ham, nuts…), roll it up and put it in the oven!
- Use it to make battered pork or chicken with cheese.
- Put between slices of courgette or aubergine and grill.
For cannelloni, lasagnes, ravioli:
- Wrap cucumber or carrot sticks and season with soy sauce and olive oil.
- Place cheese slices between layers of green salad and anchovies to make a cold lasagne.
- Do the same with some crumbled sausage or escalivada (roasted aubergine, onion and bell pepper) to make a hot lasagne.
- Place a tablespoon of Bolognese sauce between two slices of cheese and heat to make a ravioli.
- For desserts, use to wrap fruit.
For melting or cooking au gratin:
- Add a slice on a cooked hamburger or chicken breast and allow it to melt before taking it out of the pan.
- Take a piece of toast, put your favourite ingredients on it, cover with a slice of cheese and cook au gratin for a couple of minutes.
This presentation opens up a wealth of possibilities. Don’t just use it for sandwiches; you can use the slices to make cannelloni or lasagne or to put on top of a pizza or a piece of toast.