- Heat a saucepan with a little oil and brown the peeled and sliced garlic and the grated onions. Cook on low heat. When it is half-cooked, add the grated tomato and leave to thicken.
- In the meantime, remove the fat, the skin and the bones from the confit duck legs.
- Moisten the fried onion and garlic with the fortified wine and brandy. Wait for the alcohol to evaporate.
- Add the meat and foie gras. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Soak the bread in milk and add to the meat. Add salt if necessary and turn off the heat. Leave the meat for a few minutes to cool. Put the meat through the mincer with a medium-hole plate.
- Boil the pasta squares for a few minutes. Cool in cold water and place on a white cloth.
- Place a tablespoon of meat on each square and roll the cannelloni.
- To prepare the Béchamel sauce, heat half a litre of milk until it starts to boil. Put the Cadí butter PDO in another pan and leave it to melt.
- Add the flour to the butter and leave to cook for a couple of minutes on low heat. Gradually add the milk, making sure that it does not clump, and cook on low heat for another couple of minutes. Grate the truffles and the Urgèlia cheese PDO into the sauce, making sure that the cheese melts fully.
- Add salt and white pepper.
- Pour a tablespoon of Béchamel sauce on the bottom of the baking pan, put the cannelloni on top and then cover with more Béchamel.
- Heat the cannelloni in the oven at 100ºC and serve with the Urgèlia PDO Béchamel.
Recipe by Pep Nogué
Ingredients serves 4 people
- 500 g confit duck legs
- 100 g duck foie gras
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 dash of fortified wine (vi ranci)
- 1 dash of brandy
- 1 ripe tomato
extra virgin olive oil from the Catalan PDOs
- 2 slices of bread (without the crust)
- 1 litre milk
- 30 g Cadí butter PDO (Béchamel sauce)
- 30 g flour
- white pepper
- 12 cannelloni squares
- 125 g Urgèlia cheese (PDO Formatge de l’Alt Urgell i la Cerdanya)
- 100 g winter truffle