- Cut the bonito steak into dice. If you have a whole bonito, cut off a piece that weighs approximately 150 g and dice that.
- Place the diced bonito in a glass bowl.
- Chop the nuts and add them to the bowl, followed by the olive oil in sufficient quantity to cover the fish. Then add the vinegar and the crushed garlic. Leave to marinate together for two hours.
- While the bonito is marinating, prepare the vegetables. You can vary the amount of vegetables to suit yourself. Begin by topping and tailing the green beans. Remove the skin from the beetroot and cut into dice. Then slice the red cabbage and peel the tomatoes.
- The tomatoes and cabbage should be raw. The beetroot and green beans should be tender, so season with salt, cover with cling film and microwave for four minutes at maximum power.
- Once they have been microwaved, heat a dry frying pan (no oil) and sauté the beetroot and beans. Then add the bonito that has been marinating for two hours.
- Sauté together till cooked to your taste. If you like it on the raw side, sauté for less time, longer if you want it more cooked.
- Remove the garlic and plate up. Cut the Neu del Cadí cheese into small cubes and scatter them on top. Garnish with some small thyme leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.
For one person:
- 150 g bonito steak
- 60 g mixed nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts and pine kernels)
- Chunk of red cabbage
- 1 tomato
- 50 g green beans
- Half a beetroot
- 100 cl extra virgin olive oil
- 35 cl red wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic
- Neu del Cadí cheese
- Thyme leaves to garnish