- Finely dice the onion. Pour a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil into a frying pan and add the onion, followed by the raisins, pine kernels and spinach. Cook over a high heat for three minutes with a small pinch of salt.
- Meanwhile, make the béchamel using the Cadí butter PDO, flour and milk. Stir using a whisk. When it begins to thicken, add the nutmeg and pinch of salt.
- When the béchamel is ready, pour it onto the spinach, raisins and pine kernels so that they soften.
- Spread out the cannelloni pasta and place the stuffing in the middle.
- Begin to roll up the cannelloni with the help of a spoon to ensure the filling remains inside the pasta.
- To assemble the dish, place a layer of béchamel in the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Place the cannelloni on top and then cover with the remaining béchamel.
- Lastly, take a generous piece of Urgèlia cheese PDO and grate it on top of the cannelloni.
- Bake in the oven at 220 °C for five minutes.
Ingredients serves for one person
- Fresh cannelloni pasta
- Half an onion
- 20 g pine kernels, dry-toasted
- 20 g raisins
- 200 g spinach
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Urgèlia cheese PDO
For the béchamel:
- 30 g white flour
- 30 g Cadí butter PDO
- 500 cc of whole cow’s milk
- A pinch of grated nutmeg